Sunday, August 19, 2012

Don't choose your friends foolishly...


My mom always told me "You are the company you keep." I never truly understood this until I was older. This is so true though. Even in Law Enforcement they believe this, you are guilty by association. The Lord told us this as well. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.(Psalms 1:1-3 KJV) My interpretation of this verse means that you should not associate yourself with ungodly, and wicked people. If you choose not to, then you will be blessed, and everything that you do you will be a success. Psalms is my favorite book in the bible. I love that it starts with this valuable instruction from our God. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He did make us. I used to hang out with “trash” as my mom used to call. I couldn’t see it then, but I do now. I pick and choose my friends wisely now. You are the company that you keep. Never forget that. Do not put yourself in the company of people that are not good for you. All you can do for those people is Pray, Pray, Pray for them, because Lord knows you can’t change them…Trust me I know by experience.
May God Bless you and Keep you all. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment