Thursday, August 16, 2012

John 13:34





 


Since I have become an avid member of a 12-step program, I have been dealing with a lot of criticism from friends and family. Even though someone may be clean and sober does not mean that they are happy with themselves, or their life. This is what we call a dry drunk. I was once this dry drunk and addict. I believe through this 12 step program I, as well as anyone else who wants it, can learn who they are, and why you did the things that you have done in the past years of drinking and drugging. You can get help if you truly, desperately want to change and get help. I always say that most people have to hit rock bottom to realize that God is the rock at the bottom.  I have no shame in sharing my story because I am so blessed to have found such amazing help from God, and others who are like me, and have been where I once was. They have become another family to me, that understands me more than anyone else ever has or could. A lot of people, believe it or not want you to fail, to make them feel better about themselves. This is sad. This is one of the many character defects that I am working on daily. This program is not only a program of recovery, it is a guide on how to live your life God consciously. I love all people. Although we all have to admit, it is at times VERY hard to do so. "A new command I give to you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13:34) NIV You have to love, pray, and have faith that God will work in the lives of the people that you know are on the wrong path. You can't change anyone but yourself. I have always been the type to think that I could save the world. Sadly, this is so not true! You have to work on yourself, and heal your own hurts before you can ever be of any service to others. Get yourself right, and then the rest will all fall right where it needs to be. So Love, Peace, and Sobriety  be to all of you. 

May God Bless you all and Keep You :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment